PROGRAM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A staff member told me I have money “in my WSAC Wallet”. What does that mean?
How can I purchase a membership?
You may purchase a membership in person at Westend Seniors Activity Centre. The cost is $30 for the year. While the centre is closed due to the pandemic, you may also purchase your membership by phone at (780) 483-1209. Membership purchases are not available online at this time, but we are working to make that service available in 2021.
How can I register for a program?
- Ensure that you have a current membership. (Memberships expire at 11:59 pm on December 31 each year.)
- Browse the courses on our website at www.weseniors.ca or in our printed Program Guide, available at the centre.
- Register online at www.myactivecenter.com or in person at the centre. While the centre is closed due to the pandemic, you may also register by phone at (780) 483-1209.
Is there a cost for your programs?
The costs associated with each program are listed in our Program Guide. We base our prices on a cost-recovery basis to ensure that you pay only what is needed to bring the program to you.
What time/days are you open?
Programs staff are available at the centre to answer your phone calls and emails between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Currently, online programming is running via Zoom on Monday to Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. During the government-mandated business closure due to the pandemic, the building will remain closed to onsite recreation programming. When we relaunch, we will provide programming between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Do you offer refunds?
Our current policies regarding refunds include:
- Online programming is non-refundable.
- Onsite programming is refundable prior to the class start date, with a medical note.
- All programs are fully refundable when a class is canceled by Westend Seniors Activity Centre.
What types of programs do you offer?
We offer a range of activities and programs and have something for every interest! We have fitness, yoga, dance, music, arts, and learning – including nutrition, French, Spanish, and technology – just to name a few. You can find a complete listing of our current program guide on our website at weseniors.ca.