FIT FOR LIFE (Fitness Level 3)
– INSTRUCTOR ILONKA WORMSBECKER
- 1 hour classes
- All exercises are done standing or sitting in a chair. We do not go down to the floor
- Good for all fitness levels and abilities.
- Standing exercises can be done with or without the assistance of a chair for balance.
- The instructor provides modifications to accommodate all fitness levels and abilities.
- Bender balls
- Light hand weights
- Water bottle
Most of this equipment can easily be purchased online. However, you can substitute this equipment with things like a pillow, filled water bottle, nylon stocks, broom handles and a swiffer or pie plate on the floor!
- Monday, May 09 – May 30 (3 Classes)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- No Class on May 23
- Cost $27
- Wednesday, May 11 – June 01 (4 Classes)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Cost $36
FIT FOR LIFE
WARM UP – We begin with a warm up using our wands (or anything like a broom handle) and doing range of motion movements to get our bodies nice and warm. These movements can be done either standing or sitting in a chair.
LOWER BODY – Next we work on our lower body strength. Working on our lower body we use ankle weights (or no weight), gliders, bender balls and stretch bands as we do a variety of exercises. These exercises can be done either standing or in a chair. These lower body exercises are meant to strengthen our lower body so we have better balance and mobility.
STRETCHING – We then do some static stretches to help prevent soreness after our workout.
UPPER BODY – Then, we work on our upper body! Using light hand weights, bender balls, stretch bands etc. we do a variety of exercises to slowly make our way through all of the upper body areas. We then do some more static stretching.
COOL DOWN – Time for some gentle music, nice slow stretching and deep breathing exercises as we do our cool down. Cool down is so important as it gives our bodies a chance to cool down properly as we come out of our workout. We may even spend some time doing some relaxation exercises to help us release any tension we may still have. This is a really nice way to wind down our workout.
- Don’t let restrictions like a bad shoulder or knee prevent you from taking this class. The instructor will provide clear instructions and demonstrations on how to move within your own ability.
- This class was originally designed to help people who had mobility issues and/or were in a wheelchair. Our instructor has adapted this class to accommodate these people as well as other who can do the exercises from a standing position.
- You will want to use shoes with non slip soles, wear loose clothing, have a water bottle for frequent drink breaks.