Welcome to the Westend Seniors Activity Centre. The following information is for anyone wanting information about our programs, memberships, and more!
- Membership: Available to Adults 55 Years & Older
- Fee: $50 annually
- Valid: January 1 – December 31
NOTE: Membership fees are due in January regardless of what month you originally paid and are non-refundable, non-transferable, and will not be pro-rated.
Memberships carry full voting privileges.
Memberships can be purchased in person at Westend Seniors Activity Centre or online, click here.
What is the Reciprocal Program? If you have a valid membership from any of the participating Centres it allows you to take part in registered instructional classes if there is space (priority given to WSAC members).
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre
- Mill Woods Seniors Association
- Central Lions Senior Association
- North Edmonton Seniors Association
- Strathcona Place +55 Centre
- North West Edmonton Seniors Society
- South East Edmonton Seniors Association
- Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton
- Edmonton Aboriginal Seniors Centre
- Jewish Seniors Citizens Centre
- Edmonton Seniors Centre
- Southwest Edmonton Seniors Association
- Non-WSAC members may only register for instructional classes at member rates.
- A valid WSAC membership is required to participate in Pickleball.
- Reciprocal members may register for all other drop-in programs and Toonie Talks, as space allows.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- If it is necessary for WSAC to cancel a program, participants will be notified prior to the start date and, under these circumstances, refunds will be issued if the centre remains open.
- Refunds for registered programs and presentations initiated by the member can only be issued for medical reasons and only in advance of the class start date.
- Concerns may be submitted, in writing, along with a doctor’s note to the Program Department prior to the class start date. Concerns will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- WSAC will not issue a refund for Travel Trips or Special Events, however, we will endeavour to find someone to purchase the ticket for the Travel Trip or Special Event from you. You will exchange money with the person who is interested in purchasing the ticket.
- Please see the information below regarding refunds in the event of a centre closure.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES AT OUR CENTRE
- Register at the front desk of WSAC between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Monday to Friday).
- Payment at the centre can be made with Credit, Debit or Cash. (Contactless methods of payment preferred.)
Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
- Go to myactivecenter.com and follow the instructions to register online
- Program fees will be confirmed at the time of registration and must be paid in full.
- Participants are not considered registered until full payment has been received.
- If the program you wish to register for is full, you may be put on a waitlist on a first come first serve basis. If there is a cancellation, we will contact you and let you know.
- Opinions expressed by program presenters do not necessarily reflect the views of the WSAC Program Administration or WSAC Board of Directors.
- All participants (member/non-member) must sign a waiver before being permitted to take WSAC programs.
- WSAC is not responsible for any injuries incurred during any program.
- Program dates, times, room allocation, and fees are subject to change.
- The centre is closed for provincial and national holidays throughout the year
- Please watch our e-newsletter and website for information
CONDUCT OF MEMBERS
- The Code of Conduct for Westend Seniors Activity Centre (WSAC) outlines the behavioral expectations for members.
- Members are expected to support, reinforce, and implement the concepts outlined below, in a spirit of partnership and common purpose.
- Behave in a courteous and respectful manner toward others.
- Be tolerant and patient with the limitations and weaknesses of others.
- Be respectful of the individual and cultural differences of others.
- Be considerate of the feelings and opinions of others.
- Respect the personal belongings of others.
- Refrain from behavior that is abusive, threatening, offensive, or disruptive to others.
- Act honestly and ethically in relationships with others.
- Members in violation will be dealt with in accordance with WSAC policies & procedures.
- We will not be issuing refunds.
- Credits will be issued and members will be allowed to use those credits for future programming.
- If we are ordered to close our centre because of a case of Covid-19, all members and staff will not be returning to the centre. As a result, we will not have the resources to issue refunds and cannot anticipate when classes will restart. Therefore, credits will be issued as stated above.