OUTREACH & SOCIAL WORK – Helping others never grows old
Many seniors are unaware of the numerous resources and support services that exist to help them. The goal of Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Outreach Program is to aid and support seniors by connecting them with necessary resources within the community – and helping to reduce isolation.
- This is being achieved by offering direct support to our members (in-reach) or by going into the community (outreach).
- This can take place face-to-face at our centre on an appointment or walk-in basis, or over the phone/ email.
DID YOU KNOW…
Outreach workers support seniors by:
- offering referrals, advocacy, assistance with form completion, emotional support, needs assessments and consultations.
We provide information and assistance in the following areas:
- Independent housing and supportive living,
- Navigating the health care system
- Seniors benefits
- Finance and banking
- Elder abuse
- Meals and nutrition
- Mental health and grief services
- And more