WESENIORS DELIVER HAPPINESS 2.0!
The pandemic has worsened the situation of malnutrition & food security for seniors. As many of you know, our centre has created an innovative Frozen Meal Program to help Seniors access nutritious and affordable meals. Unfortunately, many of the seniors who need our meal program are unable to get to our centre due to a lack of affordable and reliable transportation.
In addition, COVID-19 Vaccines are available for seniors; however, did you know many seniors are struggling to get to their vaccination appointments?
To combat these challenges, Drive Happiness and Westend Seniors Activity Centre are launching the WESeniors Deliver Happiness Campaign 2.0 to better serve our most vulnerable population.
- Free delivery is being offered to all seniors who are ordering meals through our Frozen Meal Program and are unable to come to our centre.
- In addition, WESeniors Deliver Happiness Campaign 2.0 will ensure our most vulnerable populations have affordable and reliable rides to their vaccination appointments.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
In order to support more seniors, both Westend Seniors Activity Centre and Drive Happiness are in urgent need of volunteer drivers.
- You choose when, where, and how often you drive
- Create your own volunteer schedule
- You will meet friendly and appreciative seniors, and
- You will be making a difference in your community
630 CHED’S TALK TO THE EXPERT
Saturday, March 27th
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Join our Executive Director, Dr. Haidong Liang and Liza Bouchard, Executive Director of Drive Happiness on 630 CHED’S Talk To The Expert to discuss their innovative, WESeniors Deliver Happiness Campaign 2.0 to address these ongoing seniors issues. Special guest, City Councillor Andrew Knack will also share his expertise in addressing various issues facing seniors.