SENIORS HOME SUPPORT PROGRAM
Did You Know…
- The Seniors Home Supports Program is a referral service that gives Edmonton seniors referrals to businesses that offer snow removal, yard help, housekeeping, home repair and maintenance, personal services, and moving help.
- WSAC and other seniors centres screen businesses to ensure they are reputable. They then refer these businesses to seniors who are looking for reputable service providers.
- Remove snow and put down anti-slip material to cover icy spots (not chipping ice)
- Mow lawn and do spring/fall clean-up
- tree removal, trimming, etc. and
- gate, sidewalk and concrete repairs
- wash floors,
- clean bathrooms,
- do laundry,
- clean the fridge, etc.
HOME REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
- minor repair,
- appliance repair,
- deck and railing repairs,
- window cleaning (not major renovations)
- hair care,
- foot care,
- home and respite care (personal care, homemaking, nursing care, companionship, accompanied transportation)
- junk removal,
Call our centre at 780 483-1209 and ask to speak to our Home Help Support worker.
She will ask you some questions to determine the best referrals to suit your needs. She will then refer to our list of businesses that have been screened and vetted.
You will be given a minimum of three referrals (if providers are available).
You will then call each of the businesses to discuss costs. You should ask them to provide you with a written quote that will outline specifics for the job as well as the costs.
After you have received your quotes you will need to review their information and select the business that best fits your needs.
Our centre will follow up with you to check if you used one of the referrals and will ask for feedback on the service they provided.
Call our centre – 780 483-1209