AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Keeping our members and those who visit our facility safe is our responsibility. Those same safety assurances must be given to our employees, volunteers and contractors who work in our facility.
We have strived to approach the COVID-19 Building Entry Procedure below in a reasonable manner given the information we have at hand and we will continue to do so as we are provided with updates from AHS.
Following an Emergency Board of Directors meeting, our President (Barbara Gibson), on behalf of the Board of Directors, has provided direction to the Executive Director to follow Board Policy B10 (Facility Access and Emergency Response Planning), and C2.1 (Code of Conduct). That is, effective Monday, September 20, 2021, all persons entering the building – including but not restricted to staff, members, instructors, students, volunteers, contractors, and renters – are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccinations.
Two methods of entry include:
a) proof of COVID-19 full vaccination received at least two (2) weeks (14 days) prior to entering the building;
b) a negative COVID-19 test result taken from an approved testing provider within 72 hours prior to entering the building.
It is very important that we continue to approach all COVID-19 protocols and policies from a place of kindness. This isn’t a them and us situation. We are all an “us”.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this pandemic.
President of WSAC Board
Haidong Liang, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Westend Seniors Activity Centre
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF VACCINATION
There are three types of verification that will be accepted as proof of your vaccination status:
The paperwork provided at the time of your second vaccination;
A status record from your pharmacy or doctor;
A display of your Alberta Health Services – MyHealth Records on your phone. You will be required to provide us with a screen shot or print out of the information.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROOF OF VACCINATION
If you do not have proof of your vaccination or have lost your paperwork, CLICK HERE to visit the Alberta Health Services (AHS) , MyHealth Records website.
Not registered with MyHealth Records?
- CLICK HERE to visit our website…We have created step by step procedures and posted them on our website to show you how to get registered with AHS.
- Need assistance? Visit our centre and one of our staff will be happy to help you get registered with AHS MyHealth Records. Please bring your identification and your Alberta Health Care card with you.
HOW TO PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION
VISIT OUR CENTRE
Monday to Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Bring your proof of vaccination. Please remember you must be wearing a mask before you enter our building.
Visit our front desk or visit our workstation set up in our front lobby where staff will be accepting documentation.
Provide your proof of vaccination documentation.
EXEMPT DUE TO MEDICAL OR RELIGIOUS REASONS
We understand that there may be some members who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or religious reasons. If you have not been vaccinated due to either of these reasons, please provide:
- a letter from your physician or religious leader confirming you are unable to receive the vaccine.
- The letter must be on an official letterhead and must be an original copy that is signed and dated by the author.
PROOF OF A NEGATIVE COVD-19 TEST
If you have not received the vaccine you must provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken from an approved testing provider within 72 hours prior entering our centre.
Shoppers Drug Mart is offering COVID-19 testing.
Dynalife is also offering COVID-19 testing.
- We will not be accepting Covid-19 home testing kit results.
- If you have not received your full vaccines you will have to provide proof of negative testing EACH TIME you want to visit our centre.
WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES
You can withdraw from classes by filling out a Refund Request Form that is available at the centre. You can also send an email to Cherisee Macayan, Assistant Recreation Programs Manager, at email@example.com. Please provide the following information:
- Full name,
Name of the class/classes,
Series/session (e.g. Series 1 or September/October or November/December).
- A prorated refund will be processed to your original payment method.
- If your classes have not started, you will receive a full refund.
We realize that our members may have very different feelings about the Covid-19 virus, mask requirements, vaccines, etc.
We ask that you please be kind to our staff and volunteers as well as to your fellow members.
If you have questions or concerns about our policy, please contact:
- our Board President, Barbara Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- our Executive Director, Dr. Haidong Liang at email@example.com