As you may be aware, Premier Kenney made an announcement on November 12th that many programs, such as fitness and singing in group settings, need to be put on hold for the short term in order to mitigate the spread of the COVID virus.
As numbers continue to grow, we have made the decision to close our centre for the duration of the government’s elevated measures. We hope it won’t be for long and also hope that our taking the stance to help flatten the curve is a proactive measure to help our greater community. Thank you for helping us in our endeavor to help keep everyone healthy!
The WSAC staffing team has been working very hard to contact as many of you by phone over the past 24 hours as possible. We wanted to let you know personally how your programs will be affected. Your positive and kind words for the team are appreciated beyond words – thank you!
CLOSURE OF OUR CENTRE
For those of you that we have not yet been able to reach:
- All programs between November 13th to the 27th, inclusive, are currently cancelled.
- We will monitor the situation closely and continue to work in conjunction with government and health officials to keep you safe, healthy, and strong.
- We will resume programming at the centre as soon as it is safe to do so.
Our new refund policy due to COVID states that when you miss a course that you have already paid for, we will provide you with a pro-rated credit on the system to use in the Winter 2021 term. We will be processing those credits in the days ahead, once we know exactly how long we will be closed.
As well, we are working to flip some classes over to on-line classes. If you are interested in taking one of our many online programs, please view our current offerings on our website – click here for more information.
Our online programs are tried and true – not to mention an excellent way to stay engaged!
FREE ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING
People tell us all the time “I’m not good with computers”.
That’s OK…we are happy to help you learn online!
- If you aren’t sure about taking a class online, please know that we are here to help.
- All you need is an internet connection and a device to connect to it, such as a tablet (ie. iPad) or computer.
- No matter the device that you are using, it will need a camera, either built-in or an external camera, in order to participate fully.
- We can chat with you by phone to teach you the process or we can also set up a one-on-one appointment at the centre to show you how to do the online courses.
What some members have said:
- “The online courses have kept me active during the pandemic – I wouldn’t know what I would’ve done without them!”
- “The online classes are so easy to do. I had no idea it would be so simple! All I have to do is check my email and click on the link. Easy as pie!”
- “I love staying active with friends while also staying safe. My family is happy that I still get to live my life and not expose myself to the virus.”
Feel free to join the hundreds and hundreds of other online program registrants -we are here to help you get started!
Please also know that the Programs Team will be working onsite and be available to answer your questions during the closure. We encourage you to send us an email, if you are able, as the phone lines are quite busy. You can reach us at:
- Shelley Kulak, Recreation Programs Manager: email@example.com
- Cherisse Macayan: Recreation Programs Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melody Niu: Recreation Zoom Administrator: email@example.com
If emailing is not an option, please give us a call at (780) 483-1209. We are always happy to help.
Stay healthy, stay strong, and stay positive! We’re all in this together!
Spread the love