Watercolor for the Intermediate & Advanced Artist – Instructor – Thomas Podlubny
- This class is designed with the intermediate or advanced artist in mind.
- Our veteran instructor, Thomas Podlubny, provides the perfect opportunity for artists to enhance & develop their skills.
- Following the introduction, all artists are encouraged to work on their individual projects, with assistance provided along the way by the instructor.
Please purchase prior to your first class
- Watercolour brushes
- Watercolour paint of choice
- Watercolour paper pads or blocks of 140 lb. weight (paper thickness) minimum
- Mixing pallet
- Water container
- A sketchpad would be useful
- Tuesday, November 1 – December 13 (7 Classes)
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Cost $66
I’ve been a full-time artist for over 24 years, I have a home studio which I work from daily, a resource library with over 90 watercolor and sketching books, also a collection of 20 videos by accomplished watercolor artists.
During my first 20 years as an artist, I attended on average at least three art workshops per year which entailed sketching /drawing, color mixing on pallet or paper, composition, values, pen and ink, hue and tone, and creating still life, portraits, landscapes, animals and vignettes etc.
The accomplished instructors of the workshops that I attended were Katherine Hines, Terry Kehoe, and Robert Sinclair and during their mentoring, they challenged me and encouraged diversification and insight into being an artist.
As an instructor my position is to have people grow and develop their skills and techniques and inspire them to take on demanding projects, thus becoming better artists.
The best part is that during my workshops people may challenge me with questions and topics that sometimes I might have to research or clarify helping me grow and develop. I have a range of over twenty handouts and examples that I can utilize if someone requires specific information.
My workshops are quite laid back and most times I will include group critiques of the participant’s workshop art pieces and will usually have a video of an accomplished artist. As an instructor I focus on people enjoying themselves, expanding their abilities, and succeeding as artists.
Thomas J Podlubny, 29/03/21