Effective immediately, anyone entering our centre must wear a mask. This is following the announcements made by both the City of Edmonton and the Government of Alberta this week. Please click on the links below for further information.
- the City of Edmonton Mandatory Face Covering Bylaw (CLICK HERE) and
- The Government of Alberta Mandatory Restriction – (CLICK HERE)
We understand that not everyone is able to wear a mask or face covering, so we ask everyone to be kind to those unable to do so. Mask exemptions include:
- Engaging in physical exercise.
- Eating or drinking while seated in designated spaces.
- Those who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering without assistance.
- Providing assistance or care to someone with a disability who would be hindered if the caregiver is wearing a face covering.
- Engaging in services that require removal of the face covering (for example, personal care services involving the face).
- Those with mental or physical concerns or limitations, or any other protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act that prevent them from wearing a face covering.
- Children under 2
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE WEARING YOUR MASK WHEN YOU ARE WALKING IN THE HALLWAYS OF OUR CENTRE.
ALL MEMBERS/GUESTS MUST CHECK IN
IT IS IMPORTANT FOR US TO KNOW WHO IS IN OUR CENTRE
We have noticed a number of members skipping the line up to scan their membership key card to check in when arriving for their classes.
Security best practices normally require all guests to sign in when in a place of business. To ensure that we are following basic security practices and to enable us to provide accurate information to Alberta Health Services if needed, our centre has implemented the following requirements:
MEMBERS CHECKING IN:
- Everyone who comes to our centre must check in at our front desk BEFORE they enter the building for their classes/activities.
- Members must scan their valid membership card. If you have not renewed your membership, please talk to our front desk volunteers.
- If you are here at the centre for more than 1 activity, please select all of the options that apply to you (e.g. yoga, community cafe)
- If you make an error and select the wrong class, please let our front desk volunteers know so they can fix your entry. We rely on the data we collect from our system for things like our Annual Report, applying for grants, etc. so it is important that the information we collect is as accurate as possible.
NOT A MEMBER? ALL GUESTS MUST CHECK IN
All guests will be asked to sign in at our front desk and provide the following information:
- First and last name.
- Business or organization they represent (if applicable).
- The purpose of their visit.
- Name of the employee, host, or contact person they are visiting.
Once they sign in they will be provided with a lanyard to wear while they are in our centre.
All WSAC staff will be wearing either lanyards or ID badges. If you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to ask. We are here to help!