A MESSAGE FROM OUR PROGRAMS TEAM
ONLINE PROGRAM REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR CLASSES RUNNING UNTIL MAY 2021!
We’ve been asked several times lately if your favorite programs are open for registration for the next series. The simple answer is “Yes!”
- Registration for online programs is now open for classes that run until the end of April.
- As soon as we schedule more, we will add them to the online registration system at www.MyActiveCenter.com .
- In the meantime, feel free to browse our program selections and register today online, by phone at (780) 483-1209 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spaces for online programs are limited so we encourage early registration to avoid disappointment.
JUST HOW ACTIVE DO WE NEED TO BE?
According to the CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention), we need two types of activity every week to age well – STRENGTH TRAINING ACTIVITY & AEROBIC ACTIVITY.
Sometimes, it may seem easier to have a “good vigorous sit” as we get older, but what we need may be exactly the opposite! Every time we move, we are putting a checkmark in the win column – so here are some activities that may be included for strength and aerobic tasks in your every day to keep you at your best!
Strength Training Activities Using weights and resistance bands
- Have you tried an online class yet with Vera (Interval Strength Training)? She’s AMAZING!
- Use that body! Do push ups and sit ups!
- Get out the shovel and move some snow!
- Walking, Jogging and Running
- Yoga – Try one of our online classes with Marthe, Neeru, Vera or Freya – there’s a level for everyone!
- Riding a Bike
- Dance – Give Tracy’s line dancing and clogging a try – this is the perfect month to register for the beginning of the next series due to start in March! New beginners are welcome!
You can view a full listing of the classes offered at Westend Seniors Activity Centre at www.myactivecenter.com.
The more you move, the better you may feel! Be sure to chat with your doctor to see what type of program is best for you. Then, give us a call us at (780) 483-1209 or email us at email@example.com to chat about a program that may help you feel the best that you can!
MORE AGE REVERSING ESSENTRICS
- By request, we’ve added an additional session of Age Reversing Essentrics to our weekly line up!
- You can now register for the class on Mondays as well as Wednesdays.
- The first series starts on March 1 at 9:00 am, with a limit of 12 spaces.
- Click on the link to register online today! https://westend.myseniorcenter.net/msc/events
A CHANGE TO CLOGGING BEGINNER
For the past few sessions, Clogging Beginner has been full with people who have clogged in the past – but that is changing! The more experienced beginners have moved on to the intermediate level so we are looking for a batch of “true beginners”!
- If you have thought about trying Clogging and are completely new to the form of dance, now is the time to join – you will be with others just like you!
- Wear regular shoes as you learn the steps in the beginning.
- There’s absolutely no experience necessary – just come with your sense of adventure and willingness to have fun.
- Join today to see what it is all about!
HAVE YOU MOVED?
We are in the midst of inputting information from one computer system to another and would love to have your current contact information to keep you informed!
- Please contact us if you have changed your address, phone number and/or email address.
- If you would like to change the person who is on file as your emergency contact, we can help with that too!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (780) 483-1209 for assistance.