Decking Out the Deck!
Some of you may not know that WSAC has a beautiful big deck out back with a fantastic view but it leaves a little something to be desired in ambiance. In order to make the deck a more inviting space, we would like your help with our new initiative – Deck Out the Deck!
OUR VISION FOR OUR DECK
Our vision is to create comfortable seating areas, have colourful planters filled with flowers, artwork, and a safe, clean area to socialize or hold smaller events. Here are some different ways that you can help us create this space:
- SHARE YOUR IDEAS – Do you have some great ideas of what you would like to see on the deck. Send us an email
- VOLUNTEER – Planning, cleaning, creating, planting, maintaining – we need your help in any or all of these areas!
- Help with the planning,
- Assisting with some cleaning of the deck area, chairs etc.
- Creating artwork,
- Painting pots, planting, and caring for the plants.
- DONATIONS – Do you have any garden items that you are no longer using that you would like to donate? We are looking for things such as:
- outdoor tables and side tables,
- umbrellas and umbrella stands,
- bird feeders,
- pots, extra bedding plants,
- outdoor cushions,
- artwork or decorations etc.
- We ask that you contact us first to let us know if you have something to donate in case we have already received enough of certain items.
- You can also purchase and donate plants or hanging baskets through our Growing Smiles fundraiser. Click here for more information!
Please contact Heather Riberdy if you have some ideas, donations or would like to help out with this initiative at 780-483-1209 ext 224 or email@example.com