A MESSAGE FROM OUR OUTREACH TEAM
I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend. I am looking forward to some nice weather ahead.
- I want to remind you that the deadline to file your personal income tax is April 30, 2021.
- If you have questions about filing your taxes phone Canada Revenue Agency at 1 800 959-8281 or 1 800 387-1193.
- If you need resources on where you can get your taxes done either virtually or in-person please call me for further information at 780 454-2465.
CHANGES TO EDMONTON TRANSIT
On April 25th, ETS will roll out changes to its bus network. ETS states “that the new bus network creates a better-connected transit system so it’s important to think about more than the individual routes. While your regular bus route changes on April 25, 2021, in many cases, there are other options within a few blocks that will connect you quickly and frequently to major destinations”.
Here are some key web pages and resources that will be useful as a quick reference for Bus Network and On-Demand Transit information.
– New Bus Network – edmonton.ca/NewBusRoutes
– On Demand Transit – edmonton.ca/OnDemandTransit
– ETS web page – edmonton.ca/transit (This is the main ETS webpage – with links to all other ETS info and pages).
WHAT IS “OUTREACH”
I was recently asked what an Outreach assessment is.
In answer to that question, let me first say that outreach is a program that identifies isolated and/or vulnerable seniors in the community and assesses their individual needs.
When I refer to an assessment I am referring to the process of gathering information from the senior so I can develop an understanding of what they are calling about. Sometimes they may be calling about one concern/issue but after having a conversation about that one issue it may be due to an underlying issue. For example, if you call about not having enough money to buy food, instead of only making a referral to a food bank we could look at what your finances are to make sure you are getting all the seniors benefits that you are eligible for.
If you know of anyone who needs help in the home, resources in their community or who would benefit from a phone call, please do not hesitate to call me at 780 454-2465.
Shirley Kilsdonk, RSW