Do you suffer from Chronic Pain? Check out the workshop being hosted by Alberta Health Services!
Chronic Pain Self-Management Program – Virtual Workshop
The longer you suffer with chronic pain, the more it can affect everything about your life. At Alberta Health Services, we offer the virtual workshop “Better Choices, Better Health® – Chronic Pain Self-Management Program”. The goal of this workshop is to help you learn more about chronic pain, exploring ways to take care of yourself to enjoy a better quality of life!
Some of the topics discussed are:
- Techniques to control pain like proper breathing and relaxation
- Healthy eating and becoming more active
- Tips for talking to your health care team
- Dealing with feelings like fear, anger, frustration, worry
- How to make everyday tasks easier
HOW DO I TAKE PART?
This virtual workshop offers sessions once a week for 6 weeks using the online platform Zoom (www.zoom.us). The classes are 2.5 hours long. There are 8-12 people in each workshop and there is no charge for registering. Support persons, family, and friends are also welcome!
To Join: interested participants should have access to a working device (eg. computer, laptop, smartphone) equipped with a camera and microphone, the internet, and a private space while attending the workshop. More information about the workshop can be found at https://albertahealthservices.ca/news/Page15425.aspx .
2021 Dates Day & Time
- February 5, 12, 19, 26,March 5, 12 – Fridays, 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- February 18, 25, March 4, 11, 18, 25 – Thursdays, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
- February 23, March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 – Tuesdays, 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- March 10, 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14 – Wednesdays, 1:30 – 4:00pm
- March 14, 21, 28, April 11, 18, 25 – Sundays, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-735-1080